If you don’t know me I’m obsessed with languages and I would really like to learn a bunch fluently in the near future. I am definitely not the only one with this dream and or the only one struggling to make it happen. If you are at interested in languages in any way, shape, or form, I have found something you need to see:
But why should you listen to me? There are hundreds of guaranteed, well-tested language programs and they all tell you that they are miraculously easy and make you completely fluent. Believe me, I know because I’ve tried a crap ton of them and done research on substantially more. I have done hours of research and would like to share with you why I think that this site is amazing!
1. Free! There are so many sources out there that you don’t have to pay for, I am personally very against language sites that make you pay. It’s hard to believe its free but I’ve been using it for a couple months now and I haven’t paid a penny for my advances in Italian, Spanish, and German! Ok, and even if you have already found a program that you pay for and that works perfectly for you, this is perfect free review so you should still check duolingo out:)
2. Time Efficient. I work all hours of the day, and you probably do to. Even if you don’t, it’s nice to have a program that maximizes your precious time. The lessons are generally 20 questions long and you can set how many how many lessons you want to aim for in a day. They are condensed enough so that you can actually learn something in that fragment of time so you don’t need to spend hours studying. Even if you have hours to study (don’t laugh, some people do during vacation), I would use duolingo as part of your curriculum because it is good practice:)
3. You Can Hear the Language. It’s one thing to be able to read the language; learning to associate the quickly spoken sounds with the words we’ve learned on the page can be tricky. Duolingo really helps this process. Make sure you have headphones or speakers so that you can hear the language being spoken at the same time. They also have a microphone option so that you can practice speaking it. I practice it whenever I am using my phone but don’t on my laptop. Which brings me to my next point…
4. It’s Portable! You can get the app on your phone so you can practice it wherever you go! Talk about time efficient. I used to do mine on my lunch break or when I have a couple extra minutes in the car. It’s super convenient.
5. Makes Grammar Bearable. This is a personal plus. I love to speak languages with friends or listen to the way they sound but the technical grammatical side of languages is my bane. This program seamlessly ties in grammar with the rest of the lesson so it’s not painful at all. I would recommend adding some additional studying in this area because it might help to actual see grammar rules and such, but it is really helpful in solidifying your skills in this area.
So lets review, you will learn grammar painlessly and be able to understand the language when your hear it spoken through this portable free program that makes the best use of your time. I’m pretty excited about this! I hope it helps you to! 🙂